TTS/ST2 can definitely be $ though. There's always going to be a part that's a little bit lighter or newer or possibly better out there. Do you buy it, test it, screw it? You know someone will...
In TTS/ST2 you also run into:
- Full out engine builds. While they are legal, 400whp / 600wtq engines do run - and I'm mostly talking Vettes.
- Full out developed aero
- Full out carbon fiber bodies - or at least doors, hood, roof, trunk, fenders.
- Full out developed custom suspension. We're talking 3-way, 4-way, remotes, nitrogen loaded, $7k-15k Penske, JRZ, Moton setups. Not to mention sways, endlinks, axles, lightened & stiffened rotating mass assemblies and every possible bushing upgraded.
- People running the max 250 lbs of ballast in all the right spots and still on their minimum weight!
- Vettes, Mustangs, Porsches with 335 Hoosier A6's on 13" wide rims! The Evo can maybe squeeze a 285-295 under stock modified fenders, but nothing past a 10" rim so it won't be ideal. Now per the rules, anything above a 245 or above 275 has to run less HP. But still it's menacing running head-to-head with a 245 tire for example!
- MORE drivers with teams of people behind them; who never turn a wrench and pay others to.
- Obviously.... bigger budgets!