Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Prepping the car for Redline Time Attack?

Last year I competed in the RTA Autobahn event and placed 2nd in Street AWD.  For 2010, Redline Time Attack will make it's closest stop to me next month - June 12 @ Autobahn.  It's the only stop within a 15 hour drive for me on the 2010 schedule.  I have yet to decide if I will attend the RTA event or NASA @ BlackHawk Farms which coincide on the same weekend - or split Sat with NASA & Sunday with RTA. 
RTA is under new ownership this year and as such, has a revised rule setup for the classes.  For me to run in Street AWD again, I would need to address a few issues:

  • Misc RTA license registration
  • Figure out tire setup.  Max allowed for street class are 255's and 140+ treadwear
    • 2009:  245 Dunlop Z1 Starspecs on stock 17x8 rims. 
    • 2010:  Same setup?  Or purchase and max 255's? 
      • Mount on stock or old 17x9 5Zigen rims?
  • 3.5" clearance issues.  My Buschur muffler looks to be below the 3.5"
  • Need 2 front seats.  Source & Install passenger seat
  • Need more power!  Stock FMIC and piping is fine for my stockish boost in NASA TTB, but when I use it for my high boost tune, it just gets choked out.  AMS FMIC & Intercooler piping needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment