Thursday, March 17, 2011

ARP Splitter & Wing!

New for 2011 will be some aero bits from ARP.  A front splitter and a rear wing.

Like a lot of people, I am a bit concerned with the potential downforce on the front splitter.  Being made of carbon fiber, this thing is super light and super thin.  I would like to reinforce it and attach it to the frame somehow down the road.
I'm a complete newb when it comes to aero as I've never had anything beyond stock so this is quite an undertaking for me.  I'm not even sure how things will work out or if I'll keep or ditch the setup after a few events.  But I'm going to give it a try and see how the laptimes shake out at my first 3 events.

I do pledge to get some better pics once I get the car shined up.  But here are some test-fitting pics to get by in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment