Friday, April 29, 2011

Brembo Caliper Maintenance.















I had to pull the rotors & pads off last week as I was working on a big comparison test (coming soon). So I didn't stop there.

I thought about my schedule and I already have 6 days on track in 2011. I usually run 16-18 per year so I'm nearly 1/3 of the way complete! And since I skipped redoing the caliper seals this winter; I figure why not now! Yeah...  Better to take care of it now than have an issue during a track weekend or even worse; at Nationals in September!

I mean hell, the calipers were already unbolted - they have to be to get the rotors off. So I grabbed the 9/16" and loosened the brake lines on each side and tore into the calipers.  The Evo's stock brembo's are very easy to switch out pads, and not too hard to do the seals.

No comments:

Post a Comment